Tucson Gas Lines Repair and Replacement
Despite gas being an efficient source of fuel for Tucson homeowners, gas leaks are a huge concern. Gas line repairs and replacement should only be done by a licensed and skilled professional plumber, especially considering the risk of fire and natural gas poisoning. Curtis plumbing is licensed to install, repair, and replace gas lines in Tucson, AZ.
Accordingly, we adhere to the required city and county codes to ensure safe installation. We have provided quality and safe gas lines solutions for years and are committed to providing our clients with quality, affordable, and safe gas repair and replacement services.
Contact our licensed and insured expert plumbers today for all your gas line repair and replacement needs.
What Causes Gas Leaks?
- Outdated gas lines. Gas lines are metal tubing and are susceptible to corrosion over time. While gas lines can last for approximately 25 years, some deteriorate much earlier.
- Outdated thread sealant. Besides leaks due to aged gas lines, a homeowner may experience leaks due to wear and tear of the special sealant on the pipe joints.
- Water. Besides corrosion due to aging, water leaks can also corrode a gas line, especially where the gas line is close to the water lines, which is usually the case for most homes.
- Poor installation. Incorrect gas line installation by a non-professional or unskilled plumber is likely to damage the pipes and cause them to leak either immediately or a few months after installation.
Accordingly, scheduling a gas line inspection with a licensed Tucson plumber or professional is important, especially if you have recently moved to an older home. You can rely on our gas line experts at Curtis Plumbing for all your Tucson home’s gas line repair and replacement needs.
Signs of a Gas Line Leak
Gas line leaks can be dangerous hence the need to know the signs that accompany such leaks. Some of the signs include:
- A rotten egg stench. While natural gas is colorless and odorless, gas suppliers add a rotten egg odor to ensure homeowners can easily detect gas leaks.
- Hissing or whistling sounds from your lines or near gas appliances may also signify a gas leak.
- Discolored or dead grass/vegetation near or over your gas lines.
- The blowing into the air of dirt near or over your gas lines.
- Bubbling in wet areas, especially where gas lines are near water lines
You should call a gas line repair and replacement expert as soon as you notice any of these signs in your home or business premises. Contact our experts at Curtis Plumbing for professional, affordable, and quick gas line plumbing services.
Why Are Gas Leaks Dangerous?
Gas leaks are hazardous as they can cause significant damage without warning. Essentially, a gas leak can occur over time, and the buildup eventually leads to a large explosion when it comes into contact with even a small bit of flame.
Besides dangerous explosions, a gas leak that occurs over time can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Essentially, since natural gas is odorless and colorless, such leaks may be hard to detect for the average homeowner. You should be on the lookout for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, including headaches, dizziness, and sluggishness.
Hiring a Tucson Re-piping Professional
Plumbers can re-pipe water and sewer lines for you. But because this is a considerable repair, you don’t necessarily want to accept the lowest bid and then have to worry about the same problem 5 years down the road. You want quality work done right the first time.
It’s hard for a plumber to give you an estimate over the phone, as they need to inspect the problem area to better assist you. The first thing you need to do is schedule a time for them to take a look at your water lines.
Contact a Tucson Gas Line Repair and Replacement Plumber
Whether you are installing a new gas line, repairing or replacing an existing one, you need the assistance of a licensed and insured gas line expert or plumber. Gas line leaks are dangerous, and any work on a gas line should be done correctly and by a professional. Contact our gas line repair and replacement expert at Curtis Plumbing today to ensure your safety and that of your Tucson home or business premises. We are committed to providing you with quality, safe and affordable services.